David Beckham is reportedly set to sue the U.S. magazine 'In Touch' over claims he had sex with a 26-year-old prostitute in New York.
The latest edition of the magazine accuses he former Manchester United and Real Madrid footballer of cheating on his wife Victoria, aka Posh Spice, five times in 2007 with a "high-class call girl" called Irma Nici.
"It was a high," Nici told the magazine. "All of these women dream of being with him, and I got to hook up with him. It was very exciting."
Responding to the story, the player's agent issued the following statement:
"The allegations that have been made are completely untrue and ridiculous as the magazine was clearly told before publication.
"Sadly we live in a world where a magazine can print lies and believe they can get away with it."
In 2004, News of the World published claims Beckham had an affair with his personal assistant Rebecca Loos.
Beckham did not take legal action then, but could this time be different? Judging by his agent's reaction and some press reports, quite possibly...
- Beckham affair claims 'untrue and ridiculous' (ITN)
- David Beckham cheating scandal: Soccer star denies paying call girl Irma Nici $10K in alleged affair (New York Daily News)
- England & LA Galaxy midfielder David Beckham to sue US magazine over affair claims (Goal.com)
- David Beckham takes legal action over claims he slept with prostitute (Telegraph)
- Defamation (Findlaw.co.uk)
- Invasion of privacy (Findlaw.co.uk)
- Litigation news (The Solicitor)
- Legal Q&A (Community)
- Find a solicitor (Contact Law)