The Solicitor - The FindLaw UK Life, Family and Workplace Law Blog

Immigration 101: Adult Student Visas - Education Providers (#41)

| No TrackBacks

An approved education provider is a student's immigration sponsor while they are in the UK and must comply with a number of duties.

The education provider must be approved by the UK Border Agency (UKBA) and have a licence to bring students to the UK. 

Once they are licensed, they are given a rating and added to the UKBA ; they can also issue visa letters to people who want to apply for student visas.

Once an education provider has been chosen, the student should ensure it is on the ; if the provider is not on the register, it will not be able to sponsor the student for a visa.


Once an education provider is licensed, it is given either an A-rating or a B-rating.  B-rated education providers are working with the UKBA to improve the management of their duties, and to get an A-rating.

** Additional Information & Advice **

You can obtain further information about  on

As discussed in a , the UK government introduced earlier this year - so instead of researching online, you may prefer to .

You can be , which can also help you to understand the best course of action for your situation and whether you are ready to hire a solicitor.

No TrackBacks

TrackBack URL: